What is ISO 29001 Oil and Gas?
Developed as a direct result of a partnership between ISO and the international oil and gas industry (led by the American Petroleum Institute – API), ISO 29001 specifically focuses on the oil and gas supply chain.
The ISO/TS 29001 standard is based on ISO 9001 and incorporates supplementary requirements emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste from service providers.
These requirements have been developed separately to ensure that they are clear and auditable. They also provide global consistency and improved assurance in the supply quality of goods and services from providers. This is particularly important when the failure of goods or services have severe ramifications for the companies and industries involved.
This standard is for all organizations working within the oil and gas industry supply chain. Certification to ISO/TS 29001 ensures standardization and improvement within the sector.
What are the benefits?
- Gain your licence to trade to increase contracts and prospects
- Demonstrate your commitment to industry best practice to stakeholders
- Improve the way you manage risk and increase performance
- Streamline your operations to improve quality and reduce waste
- Better communication and regular assessment leads to continual improvement